Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Smattering of Thoughts

When the office cat is the only thing keeping me sane, there’s kind of a problem. I want to face each day with anticipation and creative solutions and hope. I know I can’t drop everything and wait for a dream job to appear, but I don’t want a job that I hate. I think I hate hating my job more than I hate the job itself. 


On another note...
A thunderstorm blew in rather violently one recent evening. The wind whipped across the road and a glance in my rearview mirror revealed a dense wall of dust rising behind me. It took a second to realize it was kicked up from all the dirt driveways on either side of the highway. Initial thoughts included “Dust storm! Close the shutters! Cover the food! Will the cows be OK?” ala Little House on the Prairie. But that’s just silly. I don’t own any cows. 


And one last random tidbit...
I had a dream last night where evil people had surrounded our home, and the only thing comforting to me was a marmoset I cradled in my arms. When I woke up I couldn’t remember exactly what a marmoset is - a quick internet search gave me the disappointing answer of “a small species of monkey.” I am not a fan of monkeys, so wasting a name as beautiful as “marmoset” on it seems a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment