Sunday, June 8, 2014

Summer Reading Goals, year 2

Last summer I set some specific goals for the types of books I hoped to read over the mid-year months. I read all the time, no matter what, but I do sometimes get into a rut of reading the same type of book all the time, and not going back to revisit old favorites or branching out into new genres. For example, earlier this year I read just about every Ender and Bean book that Orson Scott Card has ever published, then followed that with an epic, 3-book high fantasy series. I really enjoyed them all, but now need to take a break from space and magic and read some realistic fiction or a good biography.

So, for June 8 (I meant to post this a week ago)-September 1, I plan to include in my reading:

- An old favorite/something I haven't read in several years. (same goal as last year; I have so many books that are very good but have only been read once!)

- A biography, memoir or piece of historical nonfiction.

- A "classic" that I've never read before (so many I know but haven't read! Such as something by Jane Austen, Ray Bradbury, Charles Dickens, etc.)

- The first in a new series.

- A devotional/commentary/Biblicaly-driven "guide" or, I suppose, "inspirational piece."

What are your reading goals? Will you pull up your comfy reading chair and join me?





No comments:

Post a Comment