Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Every drop counts

We got rain this past weekend.

While Matt and I were away in Illinois, 2.5 inches poured down on central Texas. Yes, 2.5 inches hardly affects the long-term destruction of the drought, and yes, our room at my parent's house flooded while we were away, but that doesn't change the fact that rain is welcome and wonderful.

I turned on the TV Saturday night and almost jumped with joy that the Rangers game was experiencing a rain delay. The next day our plane bounced through a storm and touched down on a rain-soaked Houston tarmac. The past three days have remained cloudy and cool, and a few drops fell as we left the restaurant after lunch today.

As we walked to the car I happily held out my hand to catch the drops. A well-dressed, middle-aged woman with designer sunglasses and stylish hair looked up from her smart phone to enjoy the sight of rain. "Every drop counts, doesn't it?" she said to me with a smile.

"Yes it does," I agreed.

It really does.


1 comment: